NATURAL REMEDIES FOR NOSEBLEEDS. FIRST AID & EMERGENCIES
PINCH THE NOSE:
According to Top 10 Home Remedies, the easiest way to stop the bleeding is to pinch the nose, because it sends pressure to the bleeding point in the nasal septum and that helps stop immediately the blood flow.
- Make sure to sit up straight with your head tilted slightly forward. Be cautious since tilting the head backward can be very dangerous and lead to vomiting.
- Next, pinch the soft part of the nose below the bony bridge.
- Hold it for 5 to 10 minutes, while breathing through your mouth.
- After that, release gently the pressure and sit quietly for another 5 minutes.
- If it’s necessary, repeat the method until the bleeding stops.
It may sound unbelievable to you, but onions are also a great solution for nose bleeding since they have a blood clotting agent and they are a rich source of both Vitamin C and bioflavonoids which strengthen the damaged blood vessels.
Take one onion and cut it in thick slices. After that, press one slice under your nose and inhale. As a result of its properties, the bleeding will stop after several minutes.
Put 2-3 drops of freshly extracted onion juice in each nostril. Repeat as needed.
How Stuff Works recommends ice for nose bleeding since it has the ability to constrict the blood vessels. Moreover, if the nose is injured, it reduces inflammation.
If the bleeding doesn’t stop, then you should visit your doctor.
Seek medical advice if:
- The bleeding is heavy and you have lost a lot of blood
- The bleeding continues for longer than 20 minutes
- You swallow a large amount of blood that makes you vomit
- You are having difficulty breathing
- A child under the age of two has a nosebleed
- You have nosebleeds that regularly come and go