Warm up:First thing’s first, we need to get the blood flowing.Take a few laps up and down the stairs; some high-knees marching in place and some arm circles are also good.
If you’ve got about 3 minutes I have a really great warm up YouTube video for this exact purpose. It includes simple exercises that are going to get blood flowing to all your major muscle groups and prep them for the moves we’ll be doing in this workout.
The Workout:We’re going to be doing alternating sets of jumping jacks and cardio/strength moves in a countdown format.You’ll perform each exercise according to the numbers I have indicated below; we’restarting high and finishing low on this one.It may look simple on the surface, but I promise you’re going to be feeling this one. Give it a try.
- Start with your feet together and your arms relaxed.
- Jump and separate your feet while bringing your arms up overhead.
- Jump again and return your feet and arms to the starting position.
- Lay down on your back with knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Engage your core and lift shoulder blades off the floor while stretching your hands toward your knees.
- Lower back down and repeat.
- Stand with legs hip-width distance apart. Keep hands in front of you or on your hips.
- With chest and head up, bend at the hips and knees to lower down as if sitting. Keep your knees just over your toes.
- Lower until your thighs are parallel with the floor.
- Straighten and stand up.
- Step forward on one leg and drop your weight straight down toward the floor, keeping your knee just above the toe.
- Leap and alternate legs quickly in a jumping motion.
- Come to the ground in push up position- place palms and toes on the floor, with arms straight.
- Keep back neutral and flat.
- Drop chest until it comes close to touching the ground.
- Raise back up into starting position.
- Start in a standing position
- Quickly drop down and touch the floor with your hands just beside your feet.
- Jump your feet straight back behind you.
- (Optional – do a push up at this point)
- Jump your feet back up towards your hands, return to the starting position, and jump 6 inches off the floor with hands raised high.
Happy Pinning :)