Author: Lindsey Dietz
Recipe type: Household & Health
Serves: 2 cups
- 2 cups water
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- ¼ cup fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- 1 cup raw honey, preferably local
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Put water, thyme, and chopped ginger into the Instant Pot.
- Press the Saute button.
- Simmer the herbs in water until reduced by half.
- Allow to cool until the temperature is warm, not hot, steeping the herbs the entire time.
- Discard or compost the thyme and ginger.
- Return the thyme-ginger tea to the Instant Pot.
- Whisk in honey, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper, if using.
- Transfer to an airtight jar or bottle.
- Syrup will keep in a dark cupboard for 1 week. After that, it should be stored in the refrigerator.
- Administer a tablespoon as often as necessary to soothe a sore throat and calm a cough.