Wondering how to make your calves smaller and leaner? These five best calf- slimming exercises will shape and tone your calves so you could always wear your favorite shorts and skirts with pride!
Do one set of each exercise back to back with little to no rest in between moves. After the last exercise, rest one to two minutes and repeat the full circuit 1 more time.
Don’t forget to stretch when you are done with the whole calves workout.
1. Standing Calf Raise and Pulse
- To do Standing Calf Raise you can also use a machine at the gym.
- Start off standing up straight with your hips width apart.
- Hold your core tight to keep balance.
4. Slowly raise up on the balls of your feet so that your heels are lifted off of the ground and do ten pulses at the top.
5. Return back to the starting position and repeat for 10 raises and then stretch.
2. Seated Calf Raise
- To do Seated Calf Raises you can also use a machine at the gym.
- Start off sitting at a coach or chair, put your feet on the floor. Put some lightweight on top of your knees.
- Slowly raise your toes up as high as possible, feeling a stretch in your calf muscles.
4. Once you reach the top position, hold for a count then return back to the start.
5. Repeat for 10 times and then stretch.
3. Side to Side Jumps
- Get your heart rate up with this great whole body exercise.
- Stand straight and make small jumps side to side as if you are jumping over an invisible line.
- Keep your legs as close together as possible, and swing your arms to help you jump.
4. Skater JumpHere’s how to do it:
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, arms by sides.
- Hop to right, landing on the right foot while sweeping left foot diagonally behind right leg and swinging left arm across body and right arm behind back.
3. Jump to left, switching legs and arms to complete 1 rep.
4. Repeat for 1 minute.
5. Sumo Squat with Calf RaiseHere’s how to do it:
- Stand with your feet wider than hip-width apart, toes slightly turned out, hands on your hips.
- Bend your knees over your toes and lower your body into a squat. Hold this position and lift your heels up (without raising your hips) and then press them back down.
3. Return back to the start. Do 10 reps.
4. Shake legs and stretch.
HOPE YOU LIKE IT & THANK YOU FOR READING
HAPPY PINNING :)