1. Supine Spinal Twist
- Begin from the pose above and with the right knee into the chest.
- Exhale – roll onto your left hip as the right knee softens toward the ground.
- Extend your right arm out along the floor, shoulder-width height.
- Keep the left hand resting gently on the right knee.
- Let the right knee become heavy, slowly releasing further towards the floor.
- Stay for 10 – 30 breaths.
- Inhale – gently engage the low belly and bring both knees back to center.
- Repeat the above steps on the left side
Benefits: Stretches the back muscles and glutes, massages the back and hips, hydrates the spinal discs, and lengthens, relaxes, and realigns the spine.
Cautions: if back pain or back injury is a concern, bring both knees together and twist to your body’s comfort.
- Begin in a neutral tabletop position – bring knees together, sit back onto the heels, then gently release the torso to the ground.
- The arms can drape behind the body with palms up or extend long towards the front of the mat with palms down.
- Forehead softly rests on the ground and back of the neck is long.
- Gently close the eyes and let gravity do the work.
Cautions: avoid if experiencing knee injury or recovering from a recent knee injury.
Happy Pinning :)