- Consume alcohol in moderate doses. For healthy adults, that means one drink for women, and up to two drinks for men. Three drinks per day is defined as heavy drinking.
- Get vaccinated for hepatitis A, B, and C.
- Use medications wisely. Do not put stress on your liver by consuming medications unnecessarily.
- Avoid contact with blood and body fluids from other people, as hepatitis is spread through blood.
- Protect your skin when using insecticides and toxic chemicals. You might think that they are harmless if not consumed, but as we mentioned, even toxins that touch your skin are processed by the liver.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
Happy pinning :)