3. Tricep DipsThis exercise not only tones your triceps but also your chest muscles – you will feel the tension at the side of your breasts as you move down and up – those are the chest muscles the dips will be building and strengthening. A basic body-weight exercise, triceps dips don’t require much equipment: if you don’t have a bench or a chair, you can always do them on the ground.
- Position your hands shoulder-width apart on a secured bench or stable chair.
- Slide your butt off the front of the bench with your legs extended out in front of you.
- Straighten your arms, keeping a little bend in your elbows to keep tension on your triceps and off your elbow joints.
- Slowly bend your elbows to lower your body toward the floor until your elbows are at about a 90-degree angle. Be sure to keep your back close to the bench.
- Once you reach the bottom of the movement, press down into the bench to straighten your elbows, returning to the starting position. This completes one rep.
- Keep your shoulders down as you lower and raise your body. You can bend your legs to modify this exercise.
- Do 15 to 20 reps per set and aim to do two to three sets.